PICS, Inc. is a Reston, VA based R&D and marketing company specializing in the use of hand-held computers for behavior modification (www.LifeSignUSA.com). PICS is best known for its LifeSign family of consumer products for smoking cessation (www.QuitKey.com), diet and exercise management (www.DietMate.com) and treatment of primary insomnia ( www.SleepKey.com.com) . PICS product development and validation has been funded in part with NIH grants and have enjoyed considerable commercial success with over 1.25 million units sold worldwide generating over $100 million dollars in sales.
Location(s) / Subsidiaries:
LifeSign Mobile, Spinoff
Products / Services:
1. QuitKey is a hand-held smoking cessation computer that utilizes behavior modification to pace the smoker through a gradual withdrawal process based on the user’s unique smoking pattern. http://QuitKey.com
2. SleepKey is a small hand-held computer that uses cognitive behavioral strategies in a self-help format to treat primary insomnia. http://Sleepkey.com
3. DietMate is a palm-sized computer for weight loss, hypertension, and cholesterol control. http://DietMate.com.
4. Certas: Configurable Electronic Real-Time Assessment System (CERTAS) is a desktop Windows program that allows researchers and clinicians to construct questionnaires of any type using a drag and drop graphical interface which provides for branching capabilities (e.g. if yes, then Q4; if no, then Q5). http://CERTAS.com
5. DietMate Pro: DietMate Pro is an integration of Web and Palm-based technologies to provide dietitians and other health care professionals with a comprehensive yet flexible method for monitoring the dietary intake of their clients. http://DietMatePro.com
6. Therapy Advisor.
An informational website that promotes the adoption of empirically-supported psychosocial treatment approaches among mental health practitioners. http://TherapyAdvisor.org